Tower Square & The Tower on the Hill of Falcons

Tower Square & The Tower on the Hill of Falcons

The Tower on the Hill of Falcons is a watchtower and defense point which dates back to 1577. In 1693 there were two guards there who dedicated solely and expressly monitoring the coasts of eastern Mallorca. Since 1769 the tower got a gun and went on to be a tower of surveillance besides being a watchtower and defense. Soon after, in 1794 it was abandoned and was aging rapidly due to its exposure to the ocean. In 1936, following the bombing of Franco’s forces, it was partially destroyed. Later, in 1960, the owners of the land have reconstructed it as a tourist point of Porto Cristo.

Nearby, in the “Tower Square, the administration also set up a picnic area so that the tourists can enjoy the lovely landscape and wild nature while having a picnic or a small break.


One comment

Leave a Comment